Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Piece of My Heart Winner & Our New Challenge #185 "Who Says..."

The design team has voted and we have a winner.........




Congratulations to JEANET! who created this beautiful layout...
Jeanet your layout will now hang permanently in the Scrapping The Music Hall of Fame!

Thank you so much to everyone who played along this week! We sincerely loved each of your layouts! And remember - you will all be entered into the drawing for the January STM Prize!

and now........


ON TO THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE!!!

This week we have an uplifting song for you that was chosen by our DT member Jennifer. It's "Who Says" by Selena Gomez! You can read the lyrics by clicking on the lyrics tab at the top of the page.

Check out the video for "Who Says!"...


We hope you find this song as inspiring as we did! Check out the design team layouts for "Who Says..."

I love the line in the song that says "It's like a work of art that never gets to see the light." It makes me think of so many women I've known (including me in the past) who can't see their own beauty because of someone pushing them down. That inspired me to make this art journal page to celebrate the beauty that is in all of us!!!





Giovanni's in Morro Bay, CA has the shells of a giant clam mounted outside their restaurant,
setting up a perfect "Kodak moment" for a"practically perfect" person,
my friend Als!!!

(p.s. They have the freshest oysters on the half shell, too!!!)



Patricia
(removed for publication)
I was fortunate to just recently get these photos of my brother and sisters from visiting my Aunt. None of us had ever seen these photo of the four us before. Reflecting on our family life and so much we have all been through made me select the words "not perfect" from this week's song.



Sharon

I used the lyric "who says your not beautiful?" from this week's song, "Who Says," because I want my daughters to know that they are ALWAYS beautiful in every single way! (as we all are!!)



Frauke


I used the same words as Sharon did because I want my daughter to know that I think she's pretty and beautiful and perfect and worth it !!!



Bina


This sweet dog is our guest in the moment and we think she is really beautiful.

Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about this song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time this Sunday, January 16th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!