Monday, February 13, 2012

Hey Soul Sister Winner and our new challenge.... No. 190 "Art!"

The design team has voted and we have a winner for our "Hey Soul Sister" challenge!

Congratulations goes to Kerstin!!! Check out the beautiful layout she created...

Kerstin, your layout will now hang in the Scrapping The Music Hall of Fame!

Thank you to everyone who participated this week! We appreciate all of you! Remember - everyone who participated this week will be entered in the February prize drawing to be held at the end of the month - so watch for that!


and now.....
ON TO THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE!!!

We have a super fun song for you this week!!! One that I think we can all relate to! The song is "Art" by Tanya Davis; and not only is it an awesome song, but check out the super-creative video...


How fun is that? We were really inspired by this song, and we hope you are too! You can read the lyrics by clicking the tab at the top of the page.

Here are the design team projects for "Art..."


The lyrics to this song remind me of something I would write about in my daily journal, so I decided an art journal page would be the perfect place for them!


Sharon
When I saw this song's lyrics, I thought "yes, my heart loves art." And it starts with a photograph!



I could relate to the words of this song so much..."trying to follow my heart." So I gave myself permission to just play...




I have lots of photos taken during my sightseeing tours through Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne or even my hometown. There's no better song than "Art" to gather all the sculptures and artsy things, isn't it.




In each envelope is a little letter from the smallest son in our family. Just some kind words for each of us in his own spelling (just in second grade). He was so excited about Christmas.




Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about this song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time this Sunday, February 19th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!