Monday, March 12, 2012

What I Am" Winner, and new challenge #194 "Leather and Lace..."

The design team has voted and the winner of our "What I Am" challenge is......


JOYELLE!!! Check out the beautiful layout she made!
Congratulations Joyelle! Your layout will now hang in the STM Hall of Fame!

Thanks so much to everyone who played along with us this week! Your work is all beautiful! and Don't forget, you are each entered into the drawing for the March prize!


and now....



ON TO THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE!!!!!

This week we have the beautiful classic "Leather and Lace," by Stevie Nicks and Don Henley. Check out the video below...


It may be a love song, but we discovered (as you will see below), there are so many different ways this song can be scrapped! Check out the lyrics by clicking on the tab at the top of the page!

Here are the design team projects for "Leather and Lace..."


The lyric I chose from the song, inspired me to do some journaling about my spirituality, and the questions I sometimes have. After writing it all out, I covered it with translucent paint and designed my art journal page with the quote on top of it. You can't really read it anymore, but it doesn't matter, because the symbolism is still there for me.




This is a photo of my daughter and her friend after one of their rehearsals for this year's high school musical. I was taken by how happy they both look, and just wanted to freeze this moment in time. So I chose to used the lyric "Stay" for my layout this week.



Snips of the city where I live, I don't call it my city.



Linda



I picked the lyrics, "You in the moonlight" because it was so funny how my daughter wanted to run outside with me to get a picture of the beautiful sunset and the moon. So glad I snapped a picture of her imitating me taking a picture with her pretend Mickey phone.

Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about this song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time this Sunday, March 18th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!