Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcome To Our New Format!

It may be April 1st, but we're not foolin when we say we've got TWO challenges for you today! We're calling them Challenge #196A and #196B. Here's how it works:

The first challenge is a song - just like always. The second challenge is a prompt. You can choose to create something based on the song or the prompt! Or, if you are feeling ambitious - feel free to do both! Here we go...!

CHALLENGE #196A: THE TIME SONG by Matt Urmy

I'm super excited about this song. I first heard Matt Urmy when I was traveling in Northern Minnesota. It was one of those moments, when you are listening to the radio and going "Who was that - I love it!" When I heard his name, I kept it in my head so I could look him up when I got home. I did a youtube search and I found this song...



We had such a good time scrapping with this song! We hope you like it too! The lyrics are wildly amazing (if you ask me - ha). You can read them by clicking on the tab at the top of the page. So many scrappable lines!

Here are the design team inspiration layouts for "The Time Song..."



Michelle
Okay, I just couldn't resist. This fits my cats' personalities so much.



As I was reading the lyrics to this song, I came across these Mac Photo Booth photos. They were taken two years apart. Had to put them side by side to show how time has gone by so fast seeing my daughter growing up.



Sharon
I scrapped the lyric "Time blows your mind" because we just got Katie's graduation pictures back. I am overwhelmed by how fast time has flown by.




Bina



Linda



CHALLENGE #196B:

PROMPT: Scrap (or journal or...?) about a concert you've gone to. It could be recent or a long time ago. It could be one you loved or one you hated. Or it could be one that you've always wanted to go to!

Here are the design team inspiration layouts for "Scrap A Concert..."


I think having prompts is such a fun idea and I loved scrapping this one! I have attended lots of concerts, but one that really stands out for me is the Bruce Springsteen concert that I went to during my junior year of college. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band played at the Spectrum in Philadelphia during their "Born to Run" tour. I was 20 at the time, and blown away by Springsteen's music, energy and emotion, and by his stage presence. Afterwards, I ran out and bought every album he had made (there were 3 at the time!) and played them over and over again!



Michelle
This was such a fun prompt to work with! Live music is one of my favorite things in all the world; and the Amos Lee concert at the State Theatre last year was amazing! Click on the image to make it larger, if you'd like to read the journaling. It's all about the magic of hearing music live. Photo of Amos is borrowed from the web here.



Frauke

Journaling reads:
I can't remember since when I like music, as a listener not as a musician although I can play the organ and the recorder but only amateurish. And I only sing when I'm by myself.
I owned a bulky LP collection and had lots of music tapes. When I was young there were no MP3 players or CDs and a cassette tape recorder wasn't very popular either. And by the way I couldn't afford concert tickets with my pocket money.
So my first concert ever was the one of John Denver in April 1979, OMG that's quiet a long time ago. Wolfgang, who likes his music too, and I went to nearby Dusseldorf and we both thought it was amazing. I was thrilled by the music and the spirit ! We enjoyed the evening so much that we decided to visit the next concert in October 79, this time in another city. The tickets were much more expensive, but we wanted better seats this time. What a dissapointment when we arrived there, the seats were far away from the stage with a bad view and this time John didn't always strike the right notes.


Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about "The Time Song"? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

How about the prompt? Do you have a concert you want to scrap about? Bring it on! We want to see it!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout(s) using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time on Thursday, April 12th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!!!