Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Challenge #198

Hey there music-lovers!  We are back with a new set of challenges that we hope you will love as much as we do!  Here we go!!!


Challenge #198A:  "Sparkle" by Rubyhorse...

I picked this song because I love the melody, but even more than that, I love it's hopeful message.  Check out the video below...
You can read all of the lyrics by clicking on the "lyrics" tab at the top of the page.

I hope you enjoy the design team layouts for the song "Sparkle..."

Michelle
This lyric reminded me of how much Michael helped me through the last year, after the loss of my mother. I don't know what I would have done without his support. :0)
I wanted to scrap the title . . . and I thought of my family during our recent trip to Disney World!



Bina
Our cherrytree is always the symbol of spring for me.


TTV Self-portrait...giggle!



Challenge #198B:

Prompt:Who was your favorite singer or group when you were a teenager? Do you still like their music now? (Thanks to Frauke for coming up with this prompt!) 

Here are the design team layouts for "Fave Singer in your Teenage Years..."


When I became a teenager my favorite group was the Jackson 5, though they weren't very popular in Germany at that time. When Michael became a superstar over here my taste of music had changed. That's what my layout is about. PS. I still know most of the J5 songs but I seldom listen to them.
My journaling reads:  One of my favorite groups as a pre-teen was The Beatles. I loved them for many reasons, one being that my older sister, Cathy, loved them first. I remember watching her with her friends when The Beatles were on TV, and they would literally scream bloody murder! My favorite Beatles’ song was “I Want to Hold Your Hand.” It was The Beatles’ second release after “She Loves You,” and another favorite song, “This Boy,” was on the flip-side of the record, which was a “45.” A favorite memory of mine is winning a dance contest with my girlfriend - we danced “the pony” to “I Want To Hold Your Hand” and won the contest! What FUN and FABULOUS times!!


I picked what was my favorite group as a teenager to scrap about my crazy love of Kiss and Cheap Trick.

Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about "Sparkle"? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

How about the prompt? Who was your favorite singer or band as a teen?  We want to know!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout(s) using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time on Saturday, May 12th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!!!