Friday, June 1, 2012

It's June and We're Teaming Up With Noel Mignon!

We want to celebrate our 200th challenge with you by doing something extra special!  We have teamed up with Noel Mignon's Kit Club for the month of June!  What does that mean???  It means two things:

1.  Noel is sponsoring us this month with a gift certificate to her store for $20.00!  She's got awesome kits, and other fabulous scrappy goodies to choose from!  Click here to go to Noel's website, which includes the shop, blog, and a really cool and friendly online community!

2.  For this first set of challenges in June, we are honored to have the Noel Mignon Design Team playing along with us!  Yeayyy!  Welcome to Virginia Tillery, Jana Eubank, Gretchen McElveen and Kimberly Neddo!  You can visit each of their blogs by clicking on their name at the top of their layouts below.

Now - on to our 200th set of challenges!!!

Challenge #200A: Whole Wide World by Mindy Gledhill...
I stumbled upon this video on youtube and fell in love right away!  It's a super-fun song, with inspiring lyrics!  Check it out...


You can read all the lyrics by clicking on the tab at the top of the page.

Here are the Scrapping The Music Design Team layouts for "Whole Wide World..."

I loved the lyrics to this song!  I just had to chose this one after Anne's first tap dance recital!!


Journaling says : I still want to see so much of the whole wide world, I've got a long list of places I like to visit, but each time we travel, we end up in beautiful Ontario to meet our friends there. Otherwise we can't see them and a friendship only via internet is senseless.


This line in the song rang true for me, so I made an art journal page with it!





Turns out I'm a low risk kinda person, even tho' I practice being brave... I chose this lyric of the song as a reminder that I should take more chances
: .)


When i watched the video, the girl running up the snowy mountain, I knew exactly which picture I had to take and what I wanted to say.


and here are the Noel Mignon Design Team layouts for "Whole Wide World..." 


 The phrase in the song that stuck out to me was "I'm gonna go and take a chance" and that is what I wrote my journaling about on the hidden journaling card. My journaling starts out like this, " If there is one thing I could go back and tell my young self or to teach my 3 daughters it would be to believe in yourself and don't be afraid to take chances. The world will always make you doubt yourself, but your divine nature is that of immeasurable potential. Do the things that you love to do, that make you feel happy and fulfilled." I used a Hero Arts stamp set with the silhouettes of three young ladies to represent my "advice" towards my three daughters.  I wanted my page to feel feminine, but then splashed a bit of black paint across it to represent the "taking chances" message of this page. Thanks for a fun challenge! And thanks for inspiring me to create this page. :)


 I used the NoelMignon Summer Wind kit for this layout, which had the perfect "explore the world" sort of feel for this layout! I loved the lyrics to the Mindy Gledhill song and they were a perfect match for this picture I snapped of my youngest. I had a lot of different ideas for this challenge, but I ended up going the straightforward interpretation of the lyrics. For the accent strip on my page, I just used a label punch I have, punched three "windows" and embellished the insides. I love the eclectic but structured feel it lends to the page. 





Challenge #200B: 
Is there a song you once shared or currently share with a special someone as "your song" together? (thanks to Linda for this prompt) 

Scrapping The Music Design Team Layouts:

John's and my song is "All My Life" sung by Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt.  I don't hear it very often these day, but when I do, I always think back to the day we got engaged and our wedding!


 "Stay With You" by John Legend was our wedding song - sung so beautifully by my sister Renee.  It will always be a special memory for us!


and from the Noel Mignon Team...

I took the challenge of scrappin' that special song I share with someone... make sure to check out the journaling on my page for the fun story! 


For this layout, I used Noel Mignon's June Summer Wind" kit. I love the doilies that came with this kit, and they were the perfect touch for making a fun bow border along the bottom of the photograph. The stamps that came with this kit work great with the paint dauber as well. Love all the colors and how it all came together to compliment the photograph. About the song, I'm a big fan of Lindsey Buckingham, and every time I hear this particular song, I think of Olivia and her sweet smile when she looks at me. Lately, she's going through a phase, where she doesn't want to pose for pictures as much as she use to. Well on her 10th birthday, we were having so much fun decorating and making decorations, that she turned to me and gave me that sweet smile. When I heard of this challenge, I knew exactly what picture I wanted to use and what song to use with it.




Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about "Whole Wide World"? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

How about the prompt? What special song do you share with someone?  We want to know!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout(s) using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time on Tuesday, June 12th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!!!