Sunday, July 15, 2012

Challenge #203...

Hi Everyone!  It’s Sharon!  I am very excited to host our Scrapping the Music challenges this week!  I hope you like them as much as I do.

Challenge #203A:
One of my favorite songs is “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”  Judy Garland’s version from “The Wizard of Oz” is a classic and beloved song.  But after the adoption of our youngest daughter, I heard Israel Kamakawiwo'ole’s version and fell in love with it!  Here is the video:


You can see all of the lyrics to the song by clicking the tab above.
Please check out and enjoy our design team’s take on the song as follows:
Sharon
The photo is one of me with my twin sister, Karen, and my older sister, Cathy, who we lost to cancer a number of years ago.  I just know that we will see her again . . . somewhere over the rainbow . . .


I picked the words "way up high" and used them for the subtitle because they match perfectly with the photo I wanted to use.


Challenge #203B, Prompt:
Scrap about a song you remember your mom singing to you as a child, or one that you sing/sang to your own children.
Here are some beautiful and touching examples from our design team:

A favorite song that I sang, and still sing, to my girls is "I Will" by Paul McCartney.


Though the prompt is to scrap about a song you remember your mom or granny sang to you or a song you sang to your children I thought I scrap about we're not a family of singers. My journaling says : I can't remember my granny sang a lullaby to me nor did I sing one to my children. Instead of singing I read a lot of books with them before bedtime.


 Growing up I remember listening to my mom sing and play the piano alot.  I loved to hear her sing, and was amazed by her ability to look at a piece of sheet music for the first time, and play the song right away, without having to spend time learning it.  Comin' in on a Wing and a Prayer was one of her favorites.  I can still hear her singing it.


I didn't know many songs when we adopted our daughter.  But one I learned once we got home from China was "Hush Little Baby."  Now my daughter likes to sing it to me ;)


Now it's your turn!  Show us how the song, lyrics, or video for “Somewhere over the Rainbow” inspire you.  You can create a layout, art journal page, a card: whatever you like to make.  Or if the prompt inspires you to create something, show us that!  You can choose either or both.  The deadline for submissions is midnite on July 27th (Friday nite).
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!